- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 (4-lb) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 (1-oz.) package dried onion soup mix
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2½ cups barbecue sauce
- Barbecue sauce (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 300°. Rub brisket on all sides with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and onion soup mix. Place brisket in a large Dutch oven. Arrange carrots and onion around brisket. Pour 2½ cups barbecue sauce over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 300° for 6 hours, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Remove from oven, and let brisket stand, uncovered, 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and cut into thin slices. Serve with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.