This cake is a big favourite amongst kids and some adults too! Dime bar and ice cream are great together. And the addition of lime-sugared strawberries makes a really fresh and summery accompaniment that suits the cake perfectly.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 oz (50 g) sugar
- 7 oz (200 g) cream cheese
- 10 fl oz (300 ml) double cream
- 3 double Dime bars, chopped to make about 150 g (5 oz) in total
- 7 oz (200 g) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 2 lb 2 oz (1 kg) fresh strawberries
- 4 oz (100 g) demerara sugar
- 3 finely grated limes zest
How to Make It
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy and mix in the cream cheese.
- Whip the cream until fluffy and fold it into the egg mixture.
- Whip the egg whites into stiff peaks and carefully fold into the mixture.
- Crush the digestive biscuits and then layer the crumbs with the creamy mixture in a sponge cake mould.
- Freeze the ice cream cake for about 5 hours, until it is lightly frozen.
- Hull and slice the strawberries. Sprinkle the slices with the demerara sugar and grated lime zest and and serve them with the dime bar ice cream cake.