This dish is fabulous with crusty bread or sourdough toast for scooping up, and far better than any beans on toast you’ve ever tasted! I think it makes a perfect brunch dish, and an easy way to feed friends or family when you fancy something hot and tasty. It’s a favourite of mine for lunch too.
- 21 oz (600 g) cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3–4 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 14-oz (1 x 400-g) can butter/lima beans, drained and rinsed
- a bunch of parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe, but firm avocados
- chilli/chile oil from (optional)
- paprika, to sprinkle
- parsley leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F) Gas 4. Scatter the cherry tomatoes over a large sheet pan and drizzle the olive oil over. Add the leeks and garlic and toss everything together. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and scatter the butter/lima beans evenly over the tomatoes. Crush the beans lightly using the tines of a fork. Scatter over the chopped parsley. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop out the flesh using a teaspoon. Arranged evenly over the beans and tomatoes. Drizzle with chilli/chile oil (if using), add a light sprinkling of paprika and garnish with parsley leaves.