This is a basic crepe recipe. This versatile thin little pancake can be used for breakfast, lunch, or dessert, depending on the filling. For breakfast, simply add a bit of sugar, vanilla extract to the dough and top with thawed frozen strawberries. Crepes freeze well, so always keep some in the freezer for a quick and delicious meal.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 4 Minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp extra butter
- Place all ingredients except the final 2 tbsp. butter in a blender and combine.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a skillet.
- Pour ¼ cup batter into the skillet to make 1 crepe. The batter should be thin and even.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then flip the crepe.
- Cook for another 2 minutes. 7. Top with the filling of your choice.