Creamy, garlicky potatoes are a favorite anytime, but it’s a great dish to bring to a holiday dinner. It’s also a great side for Atomic Tofu Pecan Loaf.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 pounds (910 g) potatoes, peeled (if not organic)
- 1 cup (135 g) cashews
- ¼ cup (24 g) nutritional yeast
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups (475 ml) unsweetened nondairy milk
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
How to Make It
To make the Sauce
- In a food processor or blender combine the sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place in a bowl of cold water (to prevent discoloration). Cover and refrigerate.
- Oil the crock of your slow cooker or line with parchment paper. Pour one-third of the sauce on the bottom of the crock. Place half of the potatoes on top, then pour on another one-third of the sauce and repeat the layers one more time, ending with the sauce. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.