The sauce is absolutely divine. If you have access to rabbit, this dish is also great using rabbit meat.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 38 Minutes
- 2 tbsp, butter
- 2 lb chicken thighs with skin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tbsp thyme
- 1 diced onion
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup heavy cream
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet and brown the chicken for 8 minutes, making sure the skin is nice and crispy.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Sauté the onion in the same pan for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and sherry and stir the brown bits in the skillet.
- Transfer the chicken back into the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a platter.
- Whisk both mustards into the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the heavy cream.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with noodles.