For the Filling
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups (400 g) strawberries
- 2 cups (200 g) blackberries
For the Crust
- 1½ cups (225 g) almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup (60 ml) macadamia nut or other neutral tasting oil
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
- Heat water, honey, strawberries and blackberries in medium sauce pan. Crush berries with potato masher and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. The fruit filling should reduce by a fourth.
- While fruit is simmering preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, honey, and vanilla in a separate bowl and pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Press the dough into a pie pan and bake for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove crust from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. If you time it right, your fruit filling should be done now and cooling.
- After fruit mixture has cooled a bit, pour in crust and place in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.