Savor the best of both salty and sweet in this surprising combination of sea salt and chocolate bark. When paired with coffee ice cream, this must-try recipe is utterly delightful.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 11 Minutes
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli)
- 1⁄4 cup whole natural almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3 cups coffee light ice cream (such as Edy’s)
- 6 tablespoons refrigerated canned fat-free whipped topping (such as Reddi-wip)
How to Make It
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe 1-cup glass measure. Microwave at high 1½ minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring after 1 minute. Add almonds, stirring just until combined. Spread mixture evenly on a jelly-roll pan lined with wax paper; sprinkle evenly with sea salt. Freeze 20 minutes. Break into pieces.
- Spoon 1⁄2 cup ice cream into each of 6 individual serving bowls; top each serving with whipped topping and broken bark pieces.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.