This coconut panna cotta is the perfect alternative to an otherwise dairy-loaded dessert. With agar powder being the perfect substitute for gelatin you have all the possibilities in the world. We topped our coconut panna cotta with a ridiculously good almond butter sauce and fresh berries a perfect treat for hot summer days.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 12 oz (400 ml) full-fat coconut milk
- ¾ teaspoon agar powder
- ¼ cup (60 g) white sugar (make sure it’s vegan!)
- 2 tablespoons white almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- fresh blueberries or raspberries
- In a pot, heat the coconut milk, agar powder, and white sugar.
- Bring it a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour it into your dishes and let it cool off before placing it in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Whisk the white almond butter, maple syrup, and water until smooth to make the almond butter sauce.
- Top the coconut panna cotta with the almond butter sauce and fresh berries.