Coconut and lychee is a heavenly tropical combination. Pickled lychees are folded into softened ice cream, then garnished with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts. The microwave does most of the work here 15 seconds to so±en the ice cream and 1 to 2 minutes to toast the coconut.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- 3 pickled lychees, seeded and coarsely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons (28 ml) strained brine, divided
- 1 pint (285 g) coconut ice cream, softened
- ¼ cup (20 g) coconut flakes, toasted
- ¼ cup (34 g) coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a medium bowl, working quickly, fold the lychees into the ice cream.
- Return the ice cream to the container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls, drizzle with some of the brine, and garnish with the coconut and macadamia nuts.