Fresh cherries are such an amazing treat. If you are lucky enough to get your hands on some sweet dark cherries, you will be delighted to know that you are fortifying your body with a ton of antioxidants. Regardless of the variety, the nutrients in cherries have also been thought to strengthen the walls of blood veins, preventing ugly varicose and spider veins. Not a bad perk for this mouth-watering smoothie.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 3 cups pitted sweet cherries
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup unsalted raw almonds
- 1½ medium bananas
- ½ cup ice - 1 cup or filtered water
- Halved pitted cherries, for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except the garnish in a high powered blender. Start on low, and then increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth. For Garnish
- Place 2 cherry halves on the top of each glass, then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.