- Yield: 2 Medium pizzas
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 100 g semolina, for rolling the pizza bases
- ¼ quantity Basic Bread Dough
- 125 ml Basic Tomato Sauce
- 80 g buffalo mozzarella, torn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 20 g fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Dust a work surface with the semolina. Divide the dough into two equal portions and roll as thinly as possible. Do not worry if the bases are not perfectly round.
- Place the rolled bases onto baking trays and bake for 3–5 minutes. Remove from the oven and pop any air pockets with a fork.
- Divide the tomato sauce between the two bases, and top with the mozzarella.
- Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Return to the oven for 7–10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling hot and crispy.
- Top with the fresh basil and serve piping hot.