- Yield: 6 Servings 1 waffle per serving
- ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ cups fat-free milk
- ½ cup liquid egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) light, trans-fat-free margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Preheat electric or stovetop waffle iron. Coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, if desired; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, liquid egg, margarine, and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/3 to ½ cup batter evenly onto waffle iron, but not all the way to the edges, as batter will spread when waffle iron is closed. Cook about 1-½ minutes, or until golden. Carefully remove waffle from waffle iron with a fork. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying waffle iron with cooking spray between each waffle.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.