- Yield: 100 Cookies
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 cup minus 2 tbsp cake flour
- 1 2/3 C bread flour
- 1¼ TSP baking soda
- 1½ TSP baking powder
- 1½ tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1¼ cup (2½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ C light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup chocolate chips
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer (or a second large bowl and a hand mixer), mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix on low speed until just combined. Do not over mix. Add chocolate chips and mix again on low until well distributed. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill in refrigerator overnight, or up to 3 days.
- After chilling, dough will be very stiff and dense. Using a sturdy tablespoon measurer, measure out one level scoop of dough for each cookie and then form into balls.