These chips pair well with salsa or black bean dip, but are also great individually as a snack or used for scooping up the Chili sans Carne.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 small lime, washed
- 1 10-oz package 8-inch corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp fine salt
- 1⁄4 tsp granulated garlic powder (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat toaster oven to 350°F (conventional oven to 325°F).
- Grease a cookie sheet or toaster oven tray and set aside.
- Zest lime and reserve lime for juice later.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice each tortilla into 6 triangles.
- Transfer chips to a bowl, spray with cooking spray, and add lime zest, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder, if using.
- Using your hands, toss to coat.
- Re-spray and toss a second time, making sure all of the chips are lightly covered with zest and spices.
- Place chips on cookie sheet or tray in a single layer and bake for 5 minutes; flip and bake for 5 to 7 minutes more, until crisp.
- Allow chips to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, allowing them to crisp up a bit more.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over top before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.