- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts or leg quarters
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup rosé wine
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked white rice
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly oil a Lodge 12-inch cast iron skillet. Scatter the mushrooms evenly over the bottom. Set the chicken pieces on top.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together. Mix in the wine, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons oil, brown sugar, garlic, and oregano, and pour over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, until the chicken is tender and cooked through, 1 to 1½ hours, basting with the pan juices occasionally. Serve with rice.