Is there anything better than a sizzling platter of fajitas? Chicken fajitas are always my go-to order whenever I’m out somewhere that serves Mexican food it’s easy to customize it to be Paleo without abandoning the main components of the dish. I just ask for fajitas without tortillas, rice, beans, or chees sometimes they’ll even give you a little extra avocado to make up for it. I like to make this chicken fajita skillet and eat it on its own, since it’s full of veggies and meat, but you could also put it over a salad if you have any leftovers.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, spiralized
- 1 orange bell pepper, spiralized
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic together. After about 5 minutes, add the bell pepper noodles. Stir everything together and cook over medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the noodles start to become fork tender.
- Add the diced chicken and taco seasoning and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until all sides are browned and the chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.