- Yield: 10 doughnuts
- Dough for Sugared Doughnuts, refrigerated overnight
- Canola oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup (400 g) Cherry Jam
- 2¼ cups + 2 tbsp Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 5 cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 10 stemmed cherries for garnish (optional)
How to Make It
- Roll out the dough and chill, then cut out 10 rounds as for Chocolate-Glazed Diplomats, and proof the dough.
- Fry the doughnuts as for Chocolate-Glazed Diplomats, and let cool completely before filling.
- To fill the Doughnuts: Spoon the jam into the pastry bag with the plain tip. Spoon the whipped cream into the pastry bag with the star tip.
- Push the tip of the jam-filled bag into the side of a doughnut and, applying gentle pressure, pipe in 35 to 40 grams/1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of jam; the doughnut will feel heavy. Continue with the remaining doughnuts.
- Pipe whipped cream in a tall spiral rosette on top of each doughnut and garnish with half a cherry.
- The doughnuts are best eaten as soon as they are completed, but they can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour before serving. If desired, garnish each plate with a stemmed cherry.