Sweet, pretty, easy to pack and nutritious, these little balls are essentially just fruit and nuts turned into small treats and rolled in a tasty coating. they make you fell like you’re eating something special!
- 4–6 dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup (50 g) dried cherries
- ¾ cup (225 g) ground hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- Bourbon vanilla powder, to taste
- a little raw almond milk, if needed
- coconut flour, cocoa powder or coarsely ground nuts, for coating
How to Make It
- Put the dates and cherries in a bowl, cover with warm water and allow to soak for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the dates and cherries and reserve the soaking water.
- Put the soaked dates and cherries in a food processor and blitz until blended into a thick paste, adding a little of the reserved soaking water, if needed.
- Mix together the ground nuts and seeds and add cinnamon and vanilla powder to taste. Add the puréed fruit and mix well to get a smooth, thick paste. Add little milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Take portions of the mixture about the size of chocolate truffles and roll into balls with your hands. Roll them in any (or all) of the suggested coatings.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.