This recipe produces a moist and sweet cake that is hard to resist.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- scant ½ cup (95 g) coconut sugar
- 10 tablespoons (140 g) butter, softened
- 1½ cups (200 g) grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (135 g) wholemeal/whole-wheat spelt flour
- scant 1½ cups (200 g icing/confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp (50 g) butter, at room temperature
- scant 1 cup (200 g) cream cheese
- 15-cm/6-in diameter round non-stick springform cake pan
How to Make It
- Mix all the cake ingredients together in a bowl. Pour the batter into the cake pan and place on the trivet. Add 450 ml/scant 2 cups water to the multi-cooker and lower the trivet and pan into the inner pot.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Manual or High Pressure for 30 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the NPR method for 15 minutes, then use the QPR method. Be careful when you remove the lid not to drip any liquid onto the cake if necessary, use a paper towel to dab excess water off the cake.
- For the frosting, beat the icing/confectioner’s sugar and butter together in a stand mixer (or use a handheld electric whisk). Add the cream cheese and beat until fully combined. Once the cake is cool, spread the frosting in a thick layer over the top.