- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 10 egg yolks
- 4½ oz (125 g) granulated sugar
- squeeze of lemon juice
- icing sugar for decoration
How to Make It
- Gently whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with the sugar. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Put the mixture into a saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring continuously to prevent sticking, and ensuring that it doesn’t boil. Remove from the heat when the mixture begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Once the mixture has cooled, turn it onto a board lightly dusted with icing sugar and roll into long strips. Cut each strip into small pieces, and roll each piece into a ball.
- Put the rolled balls on a tray or a plate and allow to chill for 24 hours in the fridge.