Goji berries have been used in chinese medicine for thousands of years. They are particularly good for your skin, and along with blueberries and baobab, they contain high levels of antioxidants and vitamin c. After making these little bites of heaven, you’ll feel like you’ve also had a moisturising hand treatment, too!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup (130 g) almonds or cashews
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup (50 g) goji berries
- ½ cup (85 g) dried wild blueberries
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon baobab fruit powder
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup (20 g) desiccated/shredded coconut
- Put the nuts and salt into a food processor. Blitz until they are chunky but not finely ground, then add the berries, dates, baobab fruit powder and coconut oil, and blitz until the mixture starts clumping together it doesn’t have to be puréed or too finely ground, you still want bits.
- Roll the mixture into balls with your hands your hands will feel very soft after making these with the coconut oil in them! Roll each ball in the coconut to coat and enjoy.
- Store these balls in an airtight container in the fridge for 3–4 weeks. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months, simply defrost before serving.