This is a delicious pot dish that will soon become your go-to dinner throughout the week. It is incredibly easy to make and comes together faster than you would think.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 12 ounces of shrimp
- 8 ounces of pineapple, chopped
- 1 red bell peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoons of powdered cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of green onion, thinly sliced
How to Make It
- Pat the shrimp dry with a few paper towels. Season with the powdered cayenne pepper, dash of salt and black pepper.
- In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in the olive oil. Add in the shrimp. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bright pink in color. Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add in the chopped red bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add in the chopped pineapple. Continue to cook for 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- Add in the barbecue sauce and stir well to mix.
- Add the shrimp back into the skillet and toss well to coat. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.