This bread with dried fruit and nuts is perfect on a cheese board. It is also a juicy and tasty picnic bread and wonderful when used to make cheese sandwiches. Don’t forget the chutney.
- Yield: 4 baguettes
- 1 portion baguette dough
- 7 oz (200 g) dried fruit (apricots, figs, raisins), coarsely chopped
- 2 oz (50 g) hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 oz (50 g) walnuts, chopped
- Oil for greasing
- Sea salt
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 240°C (475°F/gas 9).
- Make the baguette dough according to the basic recipe. Place the dried fruit in water at the same time as you make dough one (starter). Strain away the water and coarsely chop the fruits and nuts. Knead them in by hand.
- Shape the dough and let the baguettes rise on a tray according to the basic recipe.
- Brush the baguettes with water, sprinkle with sea salt and immediately place the tray in the middle of the oven.
- When the baguettes have gained a little colour, lower the temperature to 200°C (400°F/gas 6).
- Bake until the breads have been in the oven for a total of around 30 minutes, then let them cool on a rack.