- Yield: 15
- 1¾ (200 g) sticks butter, melted
- 5½ oz (150 g) white chocolate, melted
- 2 cups (400 g) caster/superfine sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup (100 g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (200 g) ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 7 oz (200 g) raspberries
- 1 tbsp caster/superfine sugar
- 1¾ oz (50 g) white chocolate, melted, to decorate
- a 30 x 17 x 2.5 cm/11¾ x 6¾ x 1 inch brownie pan, lightly greased and lined with baking parchment
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C (325˚F) Gas 3. Pour the melted butter and white chocolate into a large bowl and stir in the 400 g/2 cups of sugar. Beat in the eggs. Add the flour, ground almonds and baking powder and beat together until everything is evenly incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared brownie pan.
- Push the raspberries through a fine sieve/strainer into a bowl, and stir the 1 tablespoon sugar into the purée. Spoon the purée over the top of the brownie mix in generous swirls. Bake for about 45 minutes–1 hour, until golden and firm when gently prodded in the centre with your index finger.
- Drizzle over the extra melted white chocolate to decorate, and leave to cool in the pan. Trim the edges and eat them (standing up), cut the brownies into squares and serve.