- Yield: 2 Servings
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 3–4 best-quality Italian sausages
- 5 ounces dried tagliatelle
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
How to Make It
- Heat a frying pan large enough to contain the pasta once cooked. Add a little oil and sweat the onions and garlic together for 3–4 minutes until the onions have softened. Remove the meat from the sausage skins, add to the pan, and brown for 4–5 minutes. Break up the sausage meat as you fry so that it resembles small pieces of ground pork.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in boiling salted water until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- When the sausage meat is lightly colored, add the halved tomatoes and a little salt and pepper to the pan and continue to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until the tomatoes begin to break down. Add a tablespoon or two of the pasta water to the pan as it cooks to create a sauce.
- Drain the pasta, reserving an additional couple of tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the drained pasta directly to the pan with the sauce. Toss well, and loosen with a little more of the cooking water if necessary. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve hot with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.