- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours
- 6 fresh pears with stems
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup toasted coconut, for serving
How to Make It
- Peel pears, leaving whole with stems intact.
- Place pears in a greased slow cooker, upright, shaving bottoms slightly if necessary.
- Combine wine, honey, water, lemon juice, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Pour evenly over pears.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3–5 hours, or until pears are tender.
- Allow pears and liquid to cool.
- To serve, set a pear in a dessert dish, drizzle with sauce, and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.