- 1 large egg, brought to room temperature
- 1½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ cup (125 ml) light or very mild tasting olive oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper (optional)
How to Make It
- Combine egg, lemon juice, and mustard in food processor and blend until frothy.
- Using the drip hole in the top of the processor, or pouring teaspoon by teaspoon to start, drizzle the oil in drop by drop. Do not rush this process, or you will end up with scrambled eggs mixed with oil!
- Once you have quite a few drops in there, you can pour the oil into the feed tube part of the food processor to let that useful drip hole control the rate of flow for you.
- Refrigerate in sealed container. This will keep for a week or so.