Creamy, light and delicious, this hummus might just be your new favorite recipe.
- Yield: 16 Servings(4 cups)
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 cans (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¾ cup tahini
- ½ cup ice water, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
How to Make It
- In a large saucepan, combine the chickpeas and the baking soda. Cover with 3-4 inches of water and boil for 20-25 minutes or until the skin is falling off and soft. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, combine the lemon juice, garlic and salt in a food processor. Let mixture sit for 15 minutes. Add in the tahini and blend until mixture is creamy.
- With the processor still running, stream down the ice cold water and blend until mixture is pale and smooth. Add in the cumin and chickpeas and blend. Drizzle in the olive oil and continue blending until ultra-smooth and creamy. Serve and enjoy!