In this recipe, carrots are cooked with butter and seasoned with salt, and you can plump the dried fruits in liquor or juice if you like, to increase the flavor. The salty, sweet creaminess makes a wonderful combination.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 1 lb of peeled, halved lengthways carrots
- 2 tbsp of butter, unsalted
- ½ tsp of salt, sea
- ¼ cup of orange juice, fresh
- ¼ cup of apricots, chopped and dried
- ½ cup of crème fraiche
- ¼ cup of hazelnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley, flat-leaf type
- 1 tbsp of honey, raw
How to Make It
- Melt butter on med. heat in large sized skillet.
- Place carrots in a single layer. Cook for four to five minutes till edges start to turn brown. Flip with tongs and continue to cook until other side also turns golden brown.
- Place apricots and orange juice in small size sauce pan. Bring to simmer on low heat, then remove from heat. Drain. For Serving
- Spread crème fraiche on platter. Top with the apricots, parsley, hazelnuts and carrots. Drizzle over the top with honey and serve promptly.