One of these balls is the perfect little something to enjoy after dinner. They are quick and simple to make, and you can use pitted prunes instead of dates if you prefer. They may look small but they are rich and totally delicious.
- Yield: 28
- ½ cup (80 g) blanched almonds
- 1 cup (75 g) shredded coconut
- ¾ cup (60 g) desiccated coconut
- 180 g banana flesh (about 2 medium bananas)
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- 100 g Medjool dates, seeded
- 1¼ tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vino cotto or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure cocoa powder
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-forced).
- Place the almonds on a baking tray and cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside to cool, then toast the shredded coconut and desiccated coconut on separate trays for 5 minutes or until light golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place the almonds, banana, salt and dates in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the coconut oil, vino cotto or balsamic, cocoa powder and shredded coconut and pulse until the mixture comes together into a nice smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll the mixture into small balls (about 3 teaspoons each). Roll in the desiccated coconut, then store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.