Light and crispy, these are great served with a crème caramel or bavarois. Salted butter is traditionally used in Brittany, but 130 g of unsalted butter and 2 g of salt can be used instead.
- Yield: 25
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 130 g soft salted butter
- 135 g caster sugar
- 230 g plain flour
- 7 g baking powder
- 1 medium egg
How to Make It
- Cream the butter with the caster sugar using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, or in a large bowl with a spatula.
- Add the plain flour and baking powder, and work the mix until it has a sandy texture. Incorporate the egg.
- Roll the biscuit mixture into a sausage shape 4 cm in diameter, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut the biscuit mix into 1 cm wide slices. Put them on 2 non-stick baking trays or 2 trays covered with a silicone mat in staggered rows, 5 cm apart. Bake for 8 minutes, then turn the trays, and continue baking for another 2–3 minutes until golden. Cool on the trays.