This is such a simple and flavorful salad to throw together for a quick weeknight meal or get-together. It is so delicious and full of veggies, beans, and protein. It always gets rave reviews from anyone who tries it.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons ranch seasoning mix (such as Hidden Valley)
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove, minced (½ teaspoon)
- 1 lime juice
- 8 to 10 cups spinach or romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce (I prefer a sweeter versus a smokier version)
- ¾ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ¾ cup fresh or canned sweet corn
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- Tortilla strips (optional)
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- In a blender, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, ¼ cup of the cilantro, the jalapeño, garlic, and lime juice. Blend until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Layer the lettuce in a large bowl or four to six individual bowls.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chicken and barbecue sauce until the chicken is well coated. Add to the lettuce. Layer the black beans, corn, tomatoes, remaining ½ cup cilantro, and the onion. Sprinkle tortilla strips on top, if desired; then drizzle with the dressing, using 1 tablespoon per serving. Season with salt and pepper.