It’s a ritual for me, that each summer, when the apricots are everywhere in the markets and it starts to get warm, I make this tart. There is something delicious about it; almonds and apricots are made for each other.
- Yield: 10 Servings (28 cm tart)
- Preparation Time: 1 Hour
- 500 g sweet pastry
- 800 g ripe apricots, halved
- 630 almond cream
For the apricot jam (optional)
- 250 g ripe apricots
- 80 g caster sugar
How to Make It
- Make the sweet pastry following the method, and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- For the apricot jam if using, dice the apricots and put them in a pan with the caster sugar. Cook slowly over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Line the tart tin with the pastry and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Blind bake the pastry base.
- Make the almond cream following the method.
- When the pastry base has cooled, spread over the jam, if using, and cover with the almond cream.
- Arrange the apricot halves on the top of the tart and bake until evenly golden brown. Cool at room temperature in the tin.