The cinnamon oat breakfast is a sweet and delicious oatmeal that is topped with cinnamon and brown sugar, made simple by the pressure pot. You’ll never want plain old oatmeal again!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 tbsp of butter, unsalted
- 1 cup of oats, steel cut
- 3½ cups of water, filtered
- ¾ cup of raisins, regular or golden
For the Brown Sugar Topping
- ¼ cup of brown sugar, light, packed
- 1 tsp of cinnamon, ground
How to Make It
- Add the butter to pressure pot and choose Sauté option. After butter melts, add oats. Stir while they toast till they smell nutty and become darker.
- Add the water and kosher salt to pressure pot. Choose High pressure and 10 minutes of cook time. When timer goes off, turn pressure pot off. Use natural release for five minutes, then a quick release for the rest of the pressure.
- After valve has dropped, remove the lid carefully. Stir the oats and add raisins. Mix. Cover. Allow to set for eight to 10 minutes.
- Mix the brown sugar and ground cinnamon together in small sized bowl.
- Serve individually, topped with the brown sugar and cinnamon topping.