- 6 ounces (150 g) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef stock
- ¼ cup (30 g) shallot, minced fine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- Combine all ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to a quick simmer using medium heat.
- Reduce to medium low and cover for 15–20 minutes. You’ll want to stir frequently to keep it from sticking to the pan.
- The longer you let this simmer, the more flavor you get in the sauce. If you aren’t rushed and have at least 25–35 minutes, add an extra ½ cup (125 ml) of beef stock to the mixture at the beginning, then simmer 25-35 minutes or until the desired consistency is achieved.